10Micron for Research
GM2000 QCI Mount at the TNG site for DIMM activity
Working for research applications is unquestionably a huge motivation for us, because we feel to be involved in our customers efforts to expand human knowledge.
Thank’ to this philosophy, 10Micron keeps evolving, investing in research and development and keeping updated about the ever-changing market and the growing customer’s needs. Our products are used worldwide by prestigious Universities, Observatories, Companies, also in extreme environments, thanks to their extraordinary features. We like to think that our products can pass to their users all our passion through their quality and help them in their job.
We can offer several configurations for research grade applications: from the extremely versatile German Equatorial mounts, such as the QCI and HPS family, which are available in different sizes and payload capacity, to our newest AZ DDS robotic mounts, with our exclusive fork design and professional features, suitable for heavy optical instruments.
Several astronomical observatories, universities, private companies in the world have chosen our HPS and QCI series mounts and we think this is the best demonstration of our quality, innovation, technology and affordability.
Our QCI and HPS research grade products:
- GM2000, which was the first 10Micron Mount, is still the favorite choice for relatively lightweight instruments (payload capacity of 50kg-110 lbs). The GM2000 QCI is a true best seller and its quality and affordability are appreciated by a wide range of professional users; the newer GM2000 HPS adds a totally new technology with impressive improvements with important new features for different applications fields.
- GM3000 HPS is the last HPS mount that we introduced, , offering a 100Kg (220lbs) capacity, perfect for bigger instruments and it was very well welcomed from several observatories all around the world, thanks to its well balanced performances compared to its sizes and its price.
- GM4000 represents a very important achievement for us, because with this superb Mount we can assure our professional customers a top level product, able to accommodate 150kg (330 lbs) of payload; both the QCI and HPS versions are superlative machines, and the choice depends on the final applications; obviously the HPS II version is today the best choice for a German Equatorial configuration, thanks to the last HPS technology
- AZ2000 HPS is a special version mount, in altazimuthal configuration, suitable for applications such as photometry, satellite tracking and other scientific fields. Derived from its predecessor AZ2000, the new version offers the extraordinary HPS technology as a big improvement in performance and accuracy.
AZ DDS series offers a new perspective thanks to the latest technical solutions; with its Special fork design, Direct Drive System, Extremely high resolution encoders, Integrated derotator-focuser, dual Nasmyth focus option and so on, this is one of our recent work for our professional customers looking for a top level fork configuration. This mount is part of a wider project, in order to offer a complete telescope system featuring all the newer achievements in optics, mechanics and electronics field.
- AZ5000 DDS: able to accommodate optics until about 26” of diameter, this new mount features our last technical achievements and is the result of almost 20 years of experience and success in designing and building professional astronomical mounts. The AZ5000 DDS is our proposal to the professional market, looking for a top level, affordable and full performances equipment; we can offer a complete telescope with a 24” optics or the only mount, available in 2 configurations: standard and Nasmyth focus
- AZ8000 DDS: this big fork mounts was designed with the same DDS technology, in order to accommodate a 40” telescope: 2 configurations are available: single Nasmyth focus and double Nasmyth focus